Summer is the time to slow down, tackle those organizing projects and enjoy vacation time. One powerful motivator for getting things accomplished is having a time deadline. For example, knowing the bags have to be packed before the plane takes off or the minivan leaves for the family road trip creates an urgency to be ready. For the Summer Organizing Giveaway, I’ve put together some fun travel-related organizing tips and giveaways.
Organizing Travel Tips
- The List: Yes, we can try to keep all the details in our heads, but making a list of the items you want to take, makes packing easier and less stressful. After writing your list, “go shopping” in your drawers and closets. Gather items onto a large, flat surface and then pack away.
- The Containers: You can just throw things willy-nilly into your bags, but grouping items together in packing cubes or Ziploc bags will keep you and your suitcase organized. Packing cubes can also be used as drawer organizers when you arrive at your destination.
- The Nourishment: Bring items to feed both the mind and the body. For the body, pack some travel snacks (nuts, dried fruit, mints or chocolate) because you never know when hunger might strike. For the mind, travel light and download your favorite books to your electronic reader. The Other Side of Organized just became available for the iPad, iPhone, Kindle and Nook. It will soon be available on Sony Reader too.
- The Last Minutes: Before any trip, there are always last minute things to do and purchase. Keep an extra list nearby to capture those “to do” thoughts that pop into your head. Having your action list nearby will help keep you focused and worry-free about not forgetting to cancel the newspaper, hold your mail or buy extra sunscreen.
The Summer Organizing Giveaway starts on July 14th. One winner will be selected on July 21st. It includes goodies that will organize, inspire, relax and delight you. Continue reading for description and contest rules. The winner will receive everything described below:
- The Container Store $25 gift card
- “Pack This!” Pad by Knock Knock
- Eagle Creek Pack-It Cubes (2)
- Clear Zippered Case
- 24/7 Reusable, Compact Bag
- “To Do” Sticky Notes by Knock Knock
- Starbucks $25 gift card
- Oh, So Organized! coffee mug
- Autographed copy of The Other Side of Organized by Linda Samuels
- Comment on this blog post below with your favorite vacation spot, memory, travel organizing tip or challenge
- Comment about the giveaway on the Oh, So Organized! Facebook page
- Re-tweet this giveaway on Twitter and include @LindaSamuels when you do
- Subscribe to Oh, So Organized! monthly e-newsletter for continued inspiration and motivation
- Visit the newly redesigned Oh, So Organized! website and comment on this blog about your favorite feature, section or part
- Purchase a copy of The Other Side of Organized (paperback or e-Book) and email copy of receipt to email@example.com
- Do one or all of the above to enter. The more you do, the more times your name will be entered to win (up to 6 total entries!)
Come join the conversation about vacations, organizing and more. Wishing you all good luck!