Summer is here. Its arrival brings longer days and hopefully more time for relaxation and fun. Summer is the season for graduations, weddings, vacations, camp and special projects. For many of us, it’s a much-anticipated season because it signals a break from our more intense schedule.
I feel encouraged to enjoy the gorgeous, warm days even more. There are many opportunities to embrace summer’s energy. Here is a list of things that make me appreciate this wonderful season:
- Wiggling my toes in the grass
- Walking along the river
- Cooking outdoors with family & friends
- Reading in the hammock
- Slurping down a slice of watermelon
- Smelling the scent of the freshly cut lawn
- Taking a day trip
- Drinking an iced tea with lemon and extra ice
- Wearing less clothes
- Visiting the ocean
- Indulging in a lazy feeling that a hot day brings
- Going to Boscobel for a picnic and Shakespeare play
- Watching fireflies light up the evening
We often feel like there is never enough time to enjoy our lives and accomplish our goals. The key is finding a balance between doing, being and appreciating. Summer is a great time to do some shifting and experimenting to find your right balance.
What lets you know that summer has arrived?