Sometimes we discover new things on our own. Other times we learn through conversing, listening, or reading. In my case, what seemed like an innocent conversation with a friend has turned into a new way of being. As a result of that conversation and a willingness to try something new, I received time management, relationship, confidence, and health benefits. Are you curious? Let me share my discovery with you..
Have you heard of subscription food or meal kit services like Blue Apron, Hello Fresh or Plated? These types of companies deliver fresh food, all ingredients needed, along with detailed, easy to cook recipes directly to your home. Several months ago, my husband and I signed up for Blue Apron.
Here are some of the benefits we’ve noticed so far:
We’ve . . .
- Saved time by not having to shop for food
- Saved time and stress by not having to figure out what to cook for dinner
- Learned some new cooking tips and techniques
- Enjoyed more time together by tag teaming it in the kitchen
- Enjoyed eating at a more leisurely pace
- Become more confident in our cooking skills
- Been impressed by how well organized the packaging and recipes are
- Become more experimental and in my case, more willing to try new foods
- Made cooking together and sharing meals a priority again
- Been eating more healthfully
- Been having even more fun with lots of high-fiving each time we make a new recipe
What I love is the wonderful, communal use of time, doing a fun activity that yields a delicious result. Plus I get to hang out and cook with my husband. This is simple, basic stuff, but one that I had been missing.
If you’re interested in trying Blue Apron, I’m happy to share a “free” one week trial with you. I'll send an invite to the first three people that email me at email@example.com. I don’t get anything by sharing the offer, only the satisfaction knowing that you might enjoy the benefits I’ve been enjoying too.
Have you tried a meal kit service? If so, what has your experience been? Is it a time-saver? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Come join the conversation!